Saturday, July 16, 2011

Monday: Thai Peanut-Sauce Chicken Pitas

Pin It Now! Okay, I admit it...I'm on a peanut butter kick.  Three recipes in three weeks.  Ah well, you eat what you love, right?  This just sounded too good to pass up.  Simple, super quick, tasty.  Check Check Check.
New recipe for Cooking Light, so no reviews on this one either.  (I must be getting more adventurous if I'm cooking food no one else has commented on!)  I'm also going to make my own peanut sauce from this recipe: Thai Peanut Butter Noodles with Chicken
I've never bought the bottled stuff before and not sure how spicy it is.  By making my own, I can control (ah, hello inner control freak) my own spice.


*note, this recipe is for two pitas, so double or triple accordingly


I haven't decided what to make for a side with this....any suggestions?  




Ingredients
(reminder, this recipe will serve two...adjust as needed)
  • 1 cup shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken thigh or drumstick meat
  • 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
  • 2 tablespoons thin red bell pepper strips
  • 2 tablespoons peanut satay sauce (such as Thai Kitchen)
  • 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon chile paste with garlic (optional)
  • (6-inch) whole-wheat pita, cut in half
  • 1/2 cup fresh mung bean sprouts, rinsed, drained, and patted dry
  • 2 tablespoons diagonally-cut carrot
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro

Preparation

  • 1. Combine the first 5 ingredients, tossing well to coat. Stir in chile paste, if desired. Fill each pita half with about 1/2 cup chicken mixture, 1/4 cup bean sprouts, 1 tablespoon carrot, and 1 tablespoon cilantro.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...