Saturday, March 12, 2011

Menu for March 14-17 - Monday: Thai Peanut Butter Noddles with Chicken

Pin It Now!
Monday:  LOVE this dish!  Made it a couple of times already.  What I do is make two separate sauces, one for the kids and one for us.  That way I can spice it up...it tastes really good with a kick to it.  I use the Thai Rice noodles from Trader Joes.  You could also add some additional veggies...I tried broccoli, but I didn't care for it with the sauce, I did like red bell peppers though.  I serve it with a side of cucumbers (see recipe)...I slice my cucumbers thicker though and place everything in a plastic zip top to marinate while I cook the noodles.





  • YIELD: 5 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
  • COURSE: Main Dishes

Ingredients

  • 8 ounces uncooked rice noodles 
  • 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots
  • 1 red (or yellow or orange or all 3!) bell pepper, julienne sliced
  • 2/3 cup organic vegetable broth (such as Swanson's Certified Organic)
  • 1/2 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
  • 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon bottled ground fresh ginger (such as Spice World)
  • 2 teaspoons Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
  • 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
  • 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
  • 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted

Preparation

  • Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Add carrots and bell pepper to noodles during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain well.
  • Combine broth and next 5 ingredients (through Sriracha) in a food processor; process until smooth. Combine pasta mixture, chicken, and onions in a large bowl. Drizzle broth mixture over pasta mixture; toss well. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
*Note:  I like this dish warm...you could warm the sauce in a small saucepan on the stove or just nuke the whole dish in the microwave.  I just think it tastes better warmed up.  :)


1 comments:

Staci said...

Just another little tip...I put the sauce mixture into my Magic Bullet and mix it up that way. Much easier than using my big food processor and it comes out very creamy.
Also, you can try using a precooked whole chicken instead.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...