Monday, March 14, 2011

Breakfast Bliss

Pin It Now! A friend reminded me that I forgot to post this yummy recipe!  I can't take the credit...I got it from the lady working the sample counter at Trader Joe's.  No way is this a healthy breakfast, but for those days when a cup of oatmeal just won't do...whip these up.


I have no idea what to call these...so if you have a creative name, I'd love to hear it!



here's the ingredient list:

1 package of Buttermilk Biscuits (I used the Trader Joe brand) (I also used a package and a half to get 12)
2 eggs
1/4 cup Milk
Bacon (or turkey bacon) (2 slices cooked and crumbled)
Cheese (I used Trader Joe's Quattro Formaggio)
muffin/cupcake pan

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
Open the biscuits and separate out so you have 6 pieces
Roll out each biscuit with a rolling pin and tuck it in the muffin pan (some of it will flow over the edges, that's okay) -  you can also just press each biscuit into the muffin pan (which is what I did the first time, but I going to rolled it out this time)





sprinkle a little bit of cheese in the bottom of each and add bacon


Then whisk the eggs and milk together.  Next, pour just enough egg mixture in each to cover the cheese (too much and it will over flow while cooking)  - you will probably have some egg mixture left over.




Top with some additional cheese.


Bake biscuits according to package directions.  Enjoy!!


You can get pretty creative with these...think about adding veggies (broccoli, zucchini, carrots), different meats, etc.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...