Friday, January 20, 2012

Great Greek Salad

Pin It Now!
It was our friends "the Greeks" (as we affectionately call them) turn to host dinner.  When asked what I could bring...she mentioned a nice salad.  
Well, last time I brought a leafy salad full of veggies.  This time I wanted something a bit different.  In an effort to impress the Greeks, I decided to try my hand at a nice light Greek salad.
The cucumbers you find here are the small ones, and they are super crunchy.  Toss in some kalamata olives, sun dried tomatoes, red onion, fresh tomatoes and feta and you've got yourself a super simple, super tasty salad.
Comes together fast and then just chill till ready to eat.  Give this one a try the next time you need a quick side!

Ingredients

  • 6 small cucumbers, seeded and sliced
  • 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
  • 1 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
  • 3 cups diced roma tomatoes
  • 1/3 cup diced oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained, oil reserved
  • 1/2 red onion, sliced
  • 1 Tbsp rice vinegar (I had to use apple cider, but I think rice would be better)
  • 1/2 tsp Greek Seasoning

Directions

  1. In a large salad bowl, toss together the cucumbers, olives, roma tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, 2 tablespoons reserved sun-dried tomato oil, red onion, vinegar, and seasoning. 
  2. Chill until serving. 
  3.  Right before serving toss in the feta and stir to combine.



1 comments:

Elpiniki said...

Great Salad!
I just found your blog and I loved it! Am a happy follower now!
Visit me at: my-greek-cooking.blogspot.com
Hope to see you around soon again!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...