Monday, August 1, 2011

I'm on vacation!

Pin It Now!
Okay my fellow cooks...I'm off on vacation.  We have already arrived in Vegas and hanging out with my step-dad.  Tomorrow we head to Ohio for a fantastic family reunion.
So, of course, I won't be posting a weekly menu this week...or the following week.  :(  But, we are going to be making some fun dishes at the reunion, so I'll be sure to post those recipes with photos.

Speaking of photos, very excited about the new lens I scored off craigslist.  Managed to get a 28-135mm for only $250.  (retails for $450!)  Not that I'll use that lens for my food photos (I use a 50mm) for that, BUT...it is going to be my all purpose lens for my many upcoming travels.

Also this week, I'm hoping to hear from my friend in Italy who is graciously going to check out the apartment I want to rent there.  If all is good, I'll get that booked and be able to check one more thing off my mega list.  (so much to do...so very very little time)  I still don't think it's sunk in all the way that I'm actually moving out of the country.  The hubby leaves for Saudi so soon!  Hopefully we'll be able to get the family visa after just a couple months..but who knows.

Okay, so, looks like I've caught you up on all the craziness that is my life.  If you need some ideas for recipes this week, feel free to email me or just type in a keyword and search my recipes.  :)  Don't forget, you can email me your fave recipes (with photo) and I'll happily post them on the blog!  Happy cooking!  :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...