Friday, July 29, 2011

Fresh Summer Veggies - Sauteed

Pin It Now! The garden gods have blessed us this year.  Well, at least in the zucchini department.  My ONE zucchini plant is about 3 feet in diameter.  And the veggies just kept on comin'!  I already made zucchini bread and since I still have over half a dozen left, I had to do something else.  I surfed around and found a really nice base for a saute from Simply Recipes.  Then I added a bunch of other veggies along with the zucchini.  
Now, I'm going to list fresh veggies for just about everything, but to be honest I just used frozen veggies I had sitting around in the freezer.  Though, I am going to make this again with fresh (at least corn) because I think the taste will be amazing.
Quick, simple dish with tons of flavor.  For my girls, I served it over white sticky rice.  You could also toss in some chicken and take it from side dish to main dish!  Happy cooking!





  • Ingredients
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
  • 3 zucchini halved, and sliced 
  • 1 1/2 cups fresh corn
  • 1 cup fresh (or frozen, thawed) peas
  • 1/2 cup fresh (or frozen, thawed) edamame
  • 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
  • 1 beef bouillon cube, crumbled
  • 1 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped (or 1 tsp dried thyme)
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and butter on medium heat. Add the onion and parsley and cook until soft, but not browned.
Add the veggies, crumbled bouillon cube, thyme and a pinch of salt and pepper. Gently stir to coat. Saute until veggies are soft, but still firm.  Check and stir every few minutes. Be careful not to overcook.  
Dig in and enjoy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks refreshing :))) Can't wait to hear your verdict! Christa

Staci said...

Two thumbs up!

The How To Mommy said...

These veggies look great! I found you on Top Mommy Blogs and I wanted to invite you to link up this (or your favorite) recipe or recent post to Week 13 of Tasty Thursdays!. Have a great Thursday!

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

Beautiful photos... just love the whole look!

The combination sounds delicious. Thank you for submitting this to eRecipeCards.com. Everything worked perfect. Please consider making us a habit whenever you post anything new and of course, you are welcome to show off some of your earlier favorites as well!

Sadly, I have two zucchini plants and I got one lone zucchini so far. I am dependent on teh kindness of neighbors (who are getting lots!)

Staci said...

Thanks Inspired! Hope you get a few more before the season is up! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...