Now, I'm going to list fresh veggies for just about everything, but to be honest I just used frozen veggies I had sitting around in the freezer. Though, I am going to make this again with fresh (at least corn) because I think the taste will be amazing.
Quick, simple dish with tons of flavor. For my girls, I served it over white sticky rice. You could also toss in some chicken and take it from side dish to main dish! Happy cooking!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 zucchini halved, and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn
- 1 cup fresh (or frozen, thawed) peas
- 1/2 cup fresh (or frozen, thawed) edamame
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 beef bouillon cube, crumbled
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped (or 1 tsp dried thyme)
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and butter on medium heat. Add the onion and parsley and cook until soft, but not browned.
Add the veggies, crumbled bouillon cube, thyme and a pinch of salt and pepper. Gently stir to coat. Saute until veggies are soft, but still firm. Check and stir every few minutes. Be careful not to overcook.
Dig in and enjoy!