Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Crispy Curried Roasted Chickpeas

Pin It Now!
I'm always trying to find new snacks for my girls.  My youngest definitely has a soft spot for salty foods.  While I don't mind her getting a bit of salt now and then, I'd really rather it wasn't from a bag of chips.  I've seen recipes for chickpeas a few times and never got around to making them.  Today...well, I got around to it.
Incredibly simple to make, but the real question was whether or not my kids would want to nosh on them...
Taste tested....approved!!!  Rave results.  I love the curry flavor and the best part is that these little gems are extremely low-fat and packed with protein.
At the end of the recipe, check out some other great seasonings to try...lots of options here!  Have fun!
Happy snacking!  


Ingredients:
2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas
  • 1 Tbs minced garlic
  • 1 Tbs curry powder
  • Kosher salt
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Rinse and drain the chickpeas and dry by rolling them around in a kitchen towel. Heat the oil over medium heat...when hot, add chickpeas, garlic and salt and toss to coat evenly.  
Form and even layer and bake until golden and crispy, 30 to 40 minutes, shaking the tray to toss every so often. Remove the pan from the oven, sprinkle on curry powder and more salt to taste...toss...and transfer the chickpeas to a serving bowl.

For a different taste try:
smoked paprika and cumin (add cayenne for some kick!)
salt and lemon juice
creole seasoning




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...