We made these a couple of weeks ago, some weekend where we were just kickin' it at the house. At the time I just wanted something super quick and easy. We just loved the feta in this. All the flavors blended really well together and it was a light tasting dish. Make a side of quac and chips and you've got a great, healthy meal.
Ingredients (recipe adapted from Allrecipes)
- 1 rotisserie chicken (meat pulled from bones and into torn or cut into strips)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon 40% less-sodium taco seasoning (such as Old El Paso)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Cooking spray
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 3 cups packaged coleslaw
- 3 cups packed veggie slaw (Trader Joe's has a broccoli slaw that I love)
- 1 (7-ounce) can green salsa (or red)
- 4 cups chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, chopped
- 1 can black beans (or re-fried black beans)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Avacodo (chopped)
- 1/4 cup unsalted pumpkinseed kernels, toasted (optional)
- Place prepared chicken in a bowl. Add juice, seasoning and sugar. Mix well.
- Heat a grill or grill pan. Place tortillas on grill rack or grill pan coated with cooking spray; grill 30 seconds on each side or until golden brown.
- Combine coleslaw and salsa; toss to coat. Combine tomato and olives; toss gently.
- Spread about 3 tablespoons beans over each tortilla; divide chicken evenly among tortillas. Top each serving with about 2/3 cup slaw mixture, 2/3 cup tomato mixture, 4 teaspoons cheese, 1 tablespoon sour cream, 2 teaspoons cilantro, and chopped avacado. Sprinkle each serving with 2 teaspoons pumpkinseeds, if desired.