Everyone loves a nice, fat, juicy wedge of watermelon. But, sometimes it's fun to change things up a bit. Instead of your watermelon being just a snack at your BBQ this year, why not give it a starring role on the menu. This simple, delicious salad will impress your guests and wow their taste buds. It's super easy to make and you can prepare it ahead of time. Happy Cooking! and Happy 4th!
(photo from Cooking Light)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 4 cups cubed seeded watermelon
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) feta cheese, crumbled
- 1. Combine onion and juice in a medium bowl; let stand 10 minutes. Add watermelon, olives, parsley, and mint. Cover and chill 1 hour. Sprinkle with cheese.