Monday, June 13, 2011

"Strawberry Milkshake" Cupcakes

Pin It Now! My fab cupcake making friend whipped these up the other day.  Sigh...if only you could eat a picture....
Simple and easy for the everyday chef to make, yet they look like you paid $5 per cupcake.  She is brilliant at what she does and I'm so thankful she shares these recipes with me...now if I could just get her to mail samples to me...hmmmmm.....


Yeah, You know you want one...or two...or three....

Check out more of her amazing recipes at:


Click "read more" for the recipe

"Strawberry Milkshakes"

I used a strawberry cake mix for the cupcakes (you could use any flavor)
After the cupcakes cool completely, poor the ganache over the top


Ganache Recipe
12 oz. semi sweet chocolate morsels
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
6 Tbsp butter

-In a small saucepan, heat cream and butter until just before the boiling stage
-Pour over the chocolate morsels
-Let stand about 20 seconds and stir until smooth

For the frosting you can use whipped cream from a can or use your favorite vanilla frosting. 
Whipped cream tastes better with this recipe because it's light and fluffy!

For the "cherry on top" I used chocolate candies that I found at Party City.

Don't forget to add old fashioned sprinkles and straws cut in half for the final touch!

These are super fun and super yummy! Use them for a themed party or change the colors to match a holiday!
Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...