Sunday, June 12, 2011

Monday: Beef Yakitori

Pin It Now! I love when you manage to score a good deal on something and it turns out just has wonderful as you hoped.  I received a ad in the mail to get a Food & Wine cookbook (plus a bonus cookbook) for the cost of shipping.  So, I figured, why not...I mean, I'm a book fanatic and another cookbook will look great on my shelf.  Funny thing is...I've been reading through it non-stop.  There are some really great recipes in it.  Now, can you find the same recipes online?  Sure.  But I just love curling up on the couch with a book in my hands.    So, this week's menu are all recipes from Food & Wine.  Should be a fab week of food!  :)


I made Chicken Yakitori a couple weeks ago and there weren't any leftovers.  So, why not try the beef version!  My girls tend to turn up their noses at mushrooms, but I still put them on their plates.  (they have to try at least one)  Maybe they'll like them one day...maybe not.  But, that doesn't keep me from making dishes with mushrooms!  :D  And I mean, who doesn't love meat on a stick!?  ;)  Going to serve this with some Udon noodles and stir fry veggies.



Beef Yakitori 


Ingredients:


  3/4 pound lean sirloin, cut into 1-inch pieces

  1.    6 ounces cremini mushrooms, halved
  2.    6 scallions, cut into 1-inch lengths
  3.   1/4 cup canola oil
  4.    Salt
  5.    2 tablespoons light brown sugar
  6.    2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
  7.    1 tablespoon miso paste
  8.    1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
  9.    Sesame seeds, for garnish




Directions: 



Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. In a bowl, toss the sirloin, mushrooms and scallions with the canola oil and season with salt. Thread the meat and vegetables onto 8 skewers. 

 
In a bowl, combine the brown sugar with the soy sauce, miso paste and sesame oil. Grill the skewers over high heat, turning, until the meat is nearly cooked, about 2 minutes. 

Brush the skewers with the glaze and grill until they are lightly charred and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes longer. Transfer the yakitori to plates, sprinkle with the sesame seeds and serve.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...