Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day Wishes...

Pin It Now! Becoming a mother has been one of the most incredible experiences of my life.  Looking back it's amazing how far I've come...


I was pregnant for the better part of 2 years.  (girls are 17 months apart)  Endured two c-sections (not by choice)  And survived a bout of postpartum depression.
Late nights, no sleep, diapers upon diapers...upon diapers.
Breastfeeding, bottle feeding, first foods...car seats, strollers, high chairs, first words, tantrums...teething, colds, rashes, vaccinations...  rolling over, sitting up, crawling, walking....running, climbing.
First holiday's, birthday's...potty training, first days of preschool....  


And now, here I am.  The baby phase over.  The toddler phase over.  I've entered the preschool phase...quickly moving to kindergarten (fall of 2012).  Amazing how fast 4 years can go.


My daughters are amazing.  Each unique in their own way.  Each with a special place in my heart...my soul.  I'm not always the perfect mother, they aren't always the perfect daughters.  But, we're perfect for each other.  It's hard to remember life without them.  I have to think hard about what I actually did with all that free time.  Would I want it back?  Sure, sometimes.  Motherhood isn't easy, not by a long shot.  But I wouldn't give it up for anything on this Earth.


I tell new parents...welcome to the roller coaster ride of your life.  You won't even begin to be able to track the amount of crests and falls, twists and turns, and flat out upside down moments.  But, oh, it's a hell of a ride.  I'm never getting off.


So, to all you mother's out there...single, stay at home, working...you know who you are...I wish for you a wonderful Mother's Day...
A Mother
is one who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.




Loves of my life
...and, uh, care to guess at their personalities??
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...