Roast Chicken Chimichangas
Recipe from Cooking Light
- 2 1/2 cups shredded roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- (I bought a whole Rot. chicken and shredded it...dark & light meat)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled queso fresco cheese (or another Mexican mix cheese)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup bottled green salsa
- Preheat oven to 500°.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl; toss well.
- Spread 1/4 cup beans down center of each tortilla. Top each tortilla with 2/3 cup chicken mixture; roll up. Place rolls, seam sides down, on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Coat tops of chimichangas with cooking spray. Bake at 500° for 7 minutes. Serve with salsa.