Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My "can't live without" in the kitchen...

Pin It Now! Many new chefs, when reading recipes are going to stumble upon the infamous "Dutch Oven."  When I first started cooking I had NO idea what they were talking about!  I had to google it find out what one even looked like...
So I recently had to say goodbye to my huge dutch oven.  She decided to chunk off a quarter size chip of enamel right from the middle of the pot.  Depressed I tucked her away in the recycling bin and then proceeded to research Dutch Ovens.  Here's what I've found...it's slim pickin's out there!


Now I don't know about you, but I just can't drop $250 (and up) for a pot (Le Creuset).  I had to find something else.  I ended up purchasing a Lodge (great reviews and affordable...check Amazon).  So, without further adieu...here she is:



I'm in love; however, I wasn't paying attention when I purchased and ended up with a 6 quart.  Now, that doesn't seem small, but for me, it is.  I need at least 8 quarts..if not even a bit bigger.  I usually double recipes in order to have extra for lunches.  Not wanting to order another one (though I may) I went on the hunt to Home Goods and Marshalls...fingers crossed, but no luck.  So, I'm still going to look for a larger one, but I'm keeping this one too.  Tested it out on the Oktoberfest Stoup and it worked really well.  So, I'm happy.  :)  




  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...