Monday, July 4, 2011

Tuesday: Guberburgers (there's a secret ingredient!)

Pin It Now! It's Burger Week!  In the spirit of the summer season, let's get our burger on!  I found some great new burger recipes to try and I figured we'd have a burger marathon this week.
As I lovingly perused my Food Network magazine, I found this intriguing burger recipe.  The name itself caught my attention, but what really had me hooked was the secret ingredient...Peanut Butter!!  Now, if you've been keeping up with my blog, you know that I love adding peanut butter to different dishes...however; I never would have thought to put some on top my burger.
This recipe comes from the Wheel Inn Drive-In, located in Sedella, MO.  According to the article, the chef tells anyone that if they don't like the burger, she'll make them anything else on the menu...and she's never had to follow up on that.  Looking forward to my first Guberburger!  :)
For sides I'm dishing up some fresh corn on the cob and sweet potato fries.






Ingredients:
6 heaping Tbs creamy peanut butter
2lbs ground beef sirloin
Kosher Salt and fresh ground pepper
3 Tbs unsalted butter
6 soft hamburger buns, split
Lettuce, sliced tomato and mayo for topping
*note from me: I think this would taste amazing with a little kick of spice...hit it up with some siracha, or your fave hot sauce!


Directions:
1. Warm the peanut butter in a saucepan over meduium-low heat, stirring, until loose, about 2 minutes.  Reduce the heat to low, keep warm.
2. Divide the meat into 6 loose balls, then gently flatten into thin patties.  Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat.  Add the patties to the hot skillet, smash them flat with a spatula and season with salt and pepper.  Cook flipping once, until the burgers are well done, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
3. Meanwhile, melt the butter in another skillet over high heat.  Place the buns cut-side down in the hot skillet, press them down slightly with another skillet and toast until golden, about 2 minutes.
4.  Put the burgers on the bottom buns and spread with 1 heaping Tbs warm peanut butter.  Top with lettuce and tomato.  Spread mayo on the cut side of each top, then put on top of the burger.

Enjoy!!  :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...