Tea Party Menu:
Apple and Cucumber Sandwiches
Egg and Caper Sandwiches
- For the apple and cucumber sandwiches
- ½ lemon, juice only
- 1 apple, core removed, chopped into small pieces
- ¼ cucumber, finely sliced
- 200g/7oz cream cheese
- ½ bunch mint, chopped
- ¼ bunch flatleaf parsley, chopped
- 1 thin baguette, halved horizontally and lightly buttered
- For the egg and caper mayonnaise sandwiches
- 4 free-range eggs, hard-boiled, peeled, chopped
- 3-4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp capers, drained, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices bread, lightly buttered
- small punnet cress
- For the apple and cucumber sandwiches, mix the apple with the lemon juice.
- Spoon the cream cheese into a bowl and stir in the herbs. Add the apple pieces and a little of the lemon juice.
- Arrange the cucumber slices along the bottom half of the baguette, slightly overlapping each slice. Spoon in the cream cheese and apple mixture and add the top half of the baguette. Slice into 5cm/2in sandwiches.
- For the egg and caper mayonnaise sandwiches, mix the eggs, mayonnaise and capers together in a bowl. Season, to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Spread the egg mayonnaise onto four slices of the bread. Sprinkle over the cress and close the sandwiches with the remaining slices of bread.
- Remove the crusts and cut the sandwiches into fingers.Strawberry- Kiwi TartCrust
1 Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
2/3 cup Yoplait® 99% Fat Free creamy vanilla yogurt (from 2-lb container) 1 container (8 oz) reduced-fat sour cream 1 box (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix 2 tablespoons orange marmaladeTopping 1 cup halved strawberries 2 kiwifruit, peeled, thinly sliced 2 tablespoons orange marmalade