Friday, March 25, 2011

Just a thought...

Pin It Now! So, I've been spending time checking out other cooking blogs.  I see all kinds of fancy cookware, huge kitchens, and top of the line appliances.  I thought I should share where the "magic" happens in my house.


My kitchen is roughly 9x9 with a total working space of about 4x5.  My stove (although gas) has two temps..boil and boil faster.  (I can't get ANYTHING to simmer on this thing..had to actually through out an entire meal because the damn stove cooked it to smithereens.)  My oven loves to overheat and shut itself off mid cooking.  My broiler is the kind that is a pull out drawer and likes to just heat one side of whatever I put in there.  I have knock off skillets bought at Home Goods and Ikea.  Though, I did just get a new (hopefully decent) dutch oven (picture to come when it finally arrives).  My old one decided to create a giant chip in the center.


Yes, I'm slightly obsessed about taking pictures and I want my meals to look "oh so delish," but I'm okay with that, it's who I am.  I am lucky to be able to stay home with my kids and therefore have more time to prep meals.  But, all in all, I'm just a normal mom trying to keep things interesting...in the kitchen.  :)  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...