Monday, February 21, 2011

Menu for Feb 22nd-25th... Tuesday: Crab and Asian Slaw

Pin It Now! So, I have been inspired by the great Julia Child.  I finally watched the movie "Julie and Julia" and I found myself wanting to rush out and by her book before the movie was even over!  The best part, is that I have learned that I have been making some mistakes in my cooking and through her, I'll be cooking better!  I'm going to try and create one dish a week from her famous cookbook.  This weeks will come on Thursday!  If you've made something you call a family fave, don't hesitate to share!


Tuesday:  great sale on Dungeness crab at Vons...keeping the crab simple, just going to re-heat (since already cooked) and serve with a side of melted butter and perhaps cocktail sauce.  Going to make this lovely sounding slaw for the side.




Asian Coleslaw
1/4 – 1/2 head of red cabbage, thinly sliced
1/4 – 1/2 head of green cabbage, thinly sliced
1 carrot, peeled and grated
1 bunch cilantro, minced
3/4 cup 1/2 fat Hellman’s mayonnaise
2 Tbsp sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp rice vinegar
juice of 1/2 a lemon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Dijon
pepper, to taste
3/4 tsp fish sauce
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp crushed celery seeds
1. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients thoroughly except the cabbage, carrot and cilantro.
2. Allow dressing to stand for 15-20 minutes and add in vegetables.
3. Serve along side Dungeness crab.



1 comments:

Staci said...

This was such a simple and delish dish. The crab was sweet and the slaw had a wonderful flavor to it. I didn't add as much cilantro as the recipe said, just because I'm not always a huge fan, but the cilantro did give it a wonderful taste. Another keeper!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...